Saturday, December 6, 2008

...love in family


"Be sheperds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers - not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those intrusted to you, but being examples to the flock."

(1 Peter 5:2,3)

I am so unbelievably thankful for the people in my life. I can't express how valuable it is to be present and open with the people you love.

Life is beautiful and full when you gather up the strength to step outside of yourself. I can toss, turn, dig, and dwell for so long in my mind. It is as if once I am there....the prison bars come flying in and lock me down. This mental bondage of stress and anxiety is no act of love.

I am a strong, couragous, passionate, loving, and faithful person. My weaknesses keep me humble and my strengths keep me going.

"Search me o'God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting"

(psalms 139:23,24)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brilliant to talk you the other night. I love our convo's.

If I don't talk to you before have a lovely Holiday! :)