Friday, October 19, 2007

i GaTz mY MenTEE !

Yo!

Well, I just had a long meeting yesterday with Friends For Youth. Its a local mentoring agency that pairs up crazy guys and gals like myself with "at-risk", fatherless/motherless kids. It's a great volunteer program and very similar to Big Brothers/Big Sisters.

I did tons of "mentoring" while I was away in Ireland and even in the hot sun of San Diego. I love it. One on One relationship. ITS so important. Especially in their teens when the rush of puberty comes and direction and questioning life consume the mind.
For those of you who are interested in it! PLEASE email me. ESPECIALLY YOU LADS out there . There is such a shortage of men that will step up to the plate!

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world."


I am meeting the young man on Sunday and we will embark on our friendship this coming week! I hear the mother is a bit over protective and will be an exciting challenge!

Very excited and I will post once I meet this crazy cat...!

His name is Sebastian!

Hope y'all are welL!

www.friendsforyouth.com


OH, and my impulsive nature is going to be changing majors again this week..so, ill let u know..ha, wow. I can figure a lot of things out, but finishing this whole school thing seems to go against my character.

J

No comments: